I run Empty Brains, a radical punk inspired label that was established in response to the current political and environmental crisis. It has been producing out of Bristol for nearly 3 years and I have been developing new product alongside my Fashion Degree. Inspired by the shapes and patterns seen on archival Military collections, products are developed through several different processes that start with sourcing used or deadstock garments. Using a bricolage approach, garments are de and re- constructed, and embellished through processes of print, embroidery and patchwork. Underpinned by a dogmatic approach to sustainability and an appreciation of old school punk aesthetics, bringing this imagery up to date with more relevant topics and cutting edge techniques. Empty Brains is just as much an activist art project as a brand. The aim is to use clothing as a platform to discuss important social, environmental, and political issues.
Achievements & Experience
- BA(Hons) Fashion Textiles, 2018-2020. University of the West of England, Bristol. 2018-2020. Creative Skillset accredited Course.
- BA(Hons) Fine Art, Level 1. University of the West of England, Bristol. 2017-2018
- Level 3 Extended Diploma In Art and Design, passed with distinction. Hereford College of Arts. 2015-2017
- Fashion Design
- Pattern Cutting
- Garment construction
- Cohesive Design methodology
- Project management
- Research and information analysis
- Proficient in the Adobe suite
- Drawing, including CAD / technical
- An open-minded outlook on new ideas and innovating new solutions from spending 3 years studying Fine Art
- Enterprise development experience
- Advanced Knowledge of Textile Screen Printing