My name is Anna Young (b. 1999) and I am an upcoming Fine artist based around the South West.
The work that I create is playfully stupid.
I have a key interest in anthropology and sociology within my practice, learning about people and the interactions they have in society intrigues me. This involves learning about political and social movements. I have a strong attentiveness towards feminism and this is evident throughout my artwork.
In my degree the concepts of my work related to the issues of women and using satire to present them. Aesthetically, my work tends to be chaotic, colourful and exaggerated. I relish in combining fantasy and realism to discuss darker subject matter in art. I want my work to allow conversation to be instigated with different people and for it to inspire response in people’s thoughts and actions. Also the work to be enjoyable and physically engaging.
Achievements & Experience
- UWE Bristol, BA (Hons) Fine Art, 2:1 2017-2020
- UWE summer scholarship, Deep Fat Fried, Collective, 2020
- 7 day opportunity to work with Bristol Old Vic for Connections festival.
- Hereford College of Arts, L3 Art and Design Diploma, Merit, 2015-2017
- Rebel Clown Collective Bristol, 2019-Current