Having a deep curiosity for the world and people around me is what fuels my journalistic style of design. Whilst being an avid digital designer, I feel there is incredible beauty in perfecting analogue methods of image-making and printing, which I enjoy challenging myself to within my practice. Experimenting with appropriate materials and media allows me to match the design and subject matter to achieve maximum impact. I would say my experiences whilst travelling and my personal journey through university is what makes me create in an open-minded and speculative way. Much of my work is driven by my burning desire to make real change with current issues / events through the medium of design and my mission is to help others by advocating a better world for humans, wildlife and the planet. In the coming years I aim to involve myself in collaborations and opportunities internationally and locally.
Achievements & Experience
- BA First class honours degree in Graphic Design
- (Current) 8 week graphic design internship with Artspace Lifespace
- (Current) Social media assistant for Veganiish
- Volunteer for the DAIGO project in The Gambia. 2 weeks leading graphic design workshops in a local Gambian high school. The outcome of the classes was a magazine (Gambino) and exhibition curated by me and 2 other UWE students. To view Gambino please visit my website.
- Volunteer at Spike Island gallery. My role included supporting the running of events and exhibitions, giving tours and discussing the art and ideas with visitors.
- Volunteer at Migrateful, assisting refugees in achieving their goals of being confident chefs and speaking English with fluency. My role includes assisting the participants and photographing workshops, as well as being a general helping hand and a friendly face to practice English with.